Store-Assistant Store Manager
Imagine not only being able to use your expertise to help our customers succeed and stay safely on the road, but also being able to lead NAPA to be the dominant parts supplier in the market. If this sounds like you, NAPA is looking for an energetic Assistant Store Manager to join our team who has a passion for the automotive parts industry.
Why NAPA? NAPA delivers quality experience not only to our customers but to our employees, in the form of career growth opportunities, great benefits including 401(k), and a parts discount!
What we need from you:
- Create a superior customer service experience to achieve maximum market penetration, drive store growth, increase sales and profitability
- Provide daily leadership and creating and sustaining a culture of employee engagement
- Partner with the Store Manager to drive company owned store initiatives which will drive our profits
- Be energetic and have a passion for automotive parts
In order to be a successful Assistant Store Manager, we are looking for someone who has strong experience in the following 4 areas:
- Lead a successful team and manage in our fast-paced retail stores
- Manage store operations to maximize sales, profits and customer service
- Build, coach, train and engage crew team to deliver superior levels of customer care and business results
- Inventory protection, asset management and operational issues
- Overall cleanliness and readiness of vehicles, sales floor, stock room and outside areas
- Drive NAPA operational and marketing programs while steering toward continuous improvement in processes and procedures
- Grow customer relationships, help with sales/service questions, and ensure a positive experience both in the store and on the phone
- Maintain a safe environment for all
- Requires demonstrated leadership in the automotive after-market service industry, preferably an automotive parts department, dealership, jobber or retail establishment. Experience in heavy duty parts and service or paints is also a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical school and/or college degree a plus.
- Possesses high character and always deals fairly with both employees and customers.
- Provides strong leadership to the operation to create a high performance team via customer focus, open communication, a willingness to coach and provide feedback.
- Possesses personal drive, self-motivation and initiative to accomplish company goals.
- Enjoys working with people in a fast-paced setting; is competitive yet has the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Insures proper maintenance and protection of Company store facilities, equipment, inventory and other physical assets of the Company.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to learn.
- Possesses analytical problem solving skills.
- Is able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays as required by customer business needs.
- Possesses an understanding of purchasing and solid negotiation skills.
- Possesses strong customer relationship management skills.
- Capable of operating point-of-sale system and cataloging.
- Able to use the adding machines and process cash, check and credit card transactions.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts and boxes of up to 60 pounds.
- Able to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and able to reach upper shelves (ten feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Able to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Able to turn brake drums and rotors, and repair/make up air conditioning and hydraulic hose assemblies (if appropriate).
ASE Parts Certification
NAPA has sped its way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there. We’ve been around since 1925, but we’re not your grandfather’s NAPA.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
Genuine Parts Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H