NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an enthusiastic detail oriented Stock Associate to join our rapidly growing team of Auto Parts professionals. The Stock Associate is the ideal position for a person who is detail oriented with a strong work ethic. As a Stock Associate you will have a variety of duties that help to control and maintain inventory in our Distribution Center.
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Prepares and ships back to the vendor all labor claims.
- Receives, prepares packing slips for, and ships to repair depot all repair and returns.
- Checks DC stock, receives for jobbers, accumulates and creates claims & ships back to vendor all recall merchandise.
- Notifies factory representatives and ships out change over merchandise.
- Answers questions from stores regarding warranties, rejections, repairs & returns & labor claims.
- Accumulates, palletizes, and ships out defectives and rejections.
- Checks in, creates claims for, and ships back claims to vendors for chemical defectives.
- Keeps chemicals (red label) in one area and keeps records for give away.
- Transfers DC and vendor defective and damaged merchandise to stock correction area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- 6 months prior work experience.
- Must be detail minded.
- Must have great communication skills.
- Must have appropriate computer skills.
- Must be certified in forklift operations.
- Capable of lifting and moving merchandise of up to 60 lbs.
- Able to move engine blocks, core barrels and other heavy equipment using moving. aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Able to push/pull up to 300 lbs using mechanical aids, such as hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Able to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to reach shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Able to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and aurally) and remembering their sequence.
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.