Store Manager (Hourly)-Integrated Business Solution-Cincinnati
Manages a company- owned IBS (Integrated Business Solutions) store to generate increased ROI, improved market penetration and provide excellent customer service. Responsible for inventory protection, asset management and operational issues, ensures overall cleanliness of the store, stock room and outside areas. Fully supports and implements all IBS non-NAPA programs, be they operational or marketing based.
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Monitors store sales performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and year to date basis. Identifies problems and solve them effectively.
- Develops good customer relations and maintains a high level of service to the customer.
- Addresses customer sales/service questions quickly.
- Ensures proper processes and procedures are utilized to minimize inventory shrinkage.
- Assures that merchandise is received in a timely, accurate manner and that it is put away in the stockroom in an appropriate manner.
- Creates a safe work environment and that required HazMat training occurs in a timely fashion.
- Understands, interprets, and complies with Company policies.
- Works closely with the District office (or District Manager) to maintain procurement card controls.
- Builds relationships, and negotiates, with non-NAPA vendors on pricing, inventory and service.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical school, and/or college degree a plus.
- Requires demonstrated leadership in the automotive after-market service industry, preferably an automotive parts department, dealership, jobber or retail establishment.
- Have a working knowledge of the organization(s) the store services
- Possess high character and always deals fairly with both employees and customers.
- Possess personal drive, self-motivation and initiative to accomplish company goals.
- Enjoy working with people in a fast-paced setting; be competitive yet has the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Ensures proper maintenance and protection of Company store facilities, equipment, inventory and other physical assets of the Company.
- Possess a willingness and ability to learn.
- Possess analytical problem solving skills.
- Capable of operating TAMS point-of-sale system and cataloging.
- Able to use adding machine and process cash, check, and credit card transactions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts and boxes of up to 60 pounds.
- Able to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and able to reach upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Able to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.