IT Senior Business Analyst
This position formulates and defines business needs and objectives through research and fact-finding for complex to highly complex projects. In this position, the incumbent gains an in-depth understanding of business systems and processes while implementing industry leading practices within the business analyst profession. Partnering with Line of Business clients, this position’s primary capabilities are requirements planning, gathering, analyzing, organizing, and validation. This business analyst identifies and prioritizes activities independently and will often provide direction and/or assistance to less experienced business analysts. This lead business analyst ensures that the final client solution is a quality product that meets business objectives and exceeds client expectations.
- Leads the requirements management process in one or more complex projects and participates in highly complex projects.
- Works directly with the client to articulate and document business requirements in order to identify and analyze gaps between current processes and the desired state.
- Demonstrates leading practices in determining participants, gathering techniques, documentation techniques, modeling and analysis techniques, and selecting appropriate tools for requirements gathering.
- Conducts and analyzes preliminary business and information technology processes.
- Advocates the initiation of projects, when necessary, to achieve business objectives.
- Assists the Business Owner in preparation of the business case.
- Demonstrates leading practices in documenting and prioritizing requirements with the project team members and project stakeholders.
- Independently develops business and functional requirements specification, requirements traceability matrix, and use case documents to meet users’ needs.
- Demonstrates leading practices when validating business requirements, acceptance criteria, and traceability with the Project Team members and project stakeholders.
- Independently develops prototypes at the requirements stage to firm up and validate requirements.
- Contributes to the acceptance of application and application enhancement via a formal test process.
- Leads formal requirement reviews to obtain document signoffs and review plans, risks, issues, defects, and dependencies identified during requirements gathering.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 6 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency and understanding in one or more functions related to the position.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills (oral and written) to facilitate, interview, and actively listen in a collaborative manner.
- Collaborates with client to help client understand project-related changes including new processes, procedures and functionality.
- This BA is a seasoned presenter and will be required to present ideas when participating in requirements gathering sessions. Will frequently present to audience of Project Team, Clients, Vendors, Management, and Senior Management.
- Demonstrates an understanding of issues and solutions in relation to current and future business environments.
- Independently identifies and assesses areas of potential business risk and mitigation, excelling at project conflict resolution. Self-aware and knows when and to whom to escalate issues.
- Follows Project Methodology guidelines and completes all required deliverables on multiple projects, on time.
- Chooses, recommends, creates and/or adopts techniques, standards and methodologies for leading practices to apply to the Business Analyst role. Mentors Business Analysts in techniques, standards, methodologies. Promotes and communicates current and emerging “leading professional practices” and is viewed by others as being focused on how to do tasks efficiently, effectively – resulting in a quality product.
- Provides significant direction and influence on client decisions towards project approach, implementation, and product requirements. Consistently sought by Business to participate during early Project Management Phases including project scoping. Provides some guidance to other BAs on projects within and outside their ownership.
- Forms collaborative relationships with key stakeholders. Consistently models the behaviors of a thought leader, supportive of change and embraces its challenges. Forms effective relationships with key stakeholders. Shows proficiency in building and managing Client relationships. This BA is a positive reflection of the APG-IT organization’s client focus.
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.