The Credit Analyst provides competent credit analysis for both existing and prospective business owner customers. The Credit Analyst is responsible for reviewing current credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Additionally data is compiled into reports for use by Management in their decision-making process.
As a Credit Analyst, a typical day might include the following:
- Use customer-provided financial statements, prepares a spreadsheet using APG related software applications to correctly analyze resulting trends, margins and ratios, as well as predict future implications of change such as rate changes, economic conditions and cash flow.
- Analyze compiled borrower performance information in regards to data, liquidity, profit margin, future borrowing patterns and comparable competitive business.
- Participate in department projects and take an active role in cross-functional teams to assist in driving quality improvements, processes, and initiatives.
- Tracks for loan covenants to calculate and test for compliance to the business loan agreement.
- Prepare new or update previous documents for credit approvals or reviews.
- Analyze interim financial statements to determine financial status of owners.
- Review UCC searches, financial statements.
- Strong sense of discretion and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of pertinent and sensitive information
What we need from you to be successful in this role:
- Education required is equivalent to a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field. Work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- A minimum of one to three (1-3) years of progressively responsible experience is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate a personal computer, system related applications and general office equipment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Able to research and evaluate data to make informed decisions and solve problems
- Ability to read and comprehend government regulations, trade publications, system documentation manuals, credit reports, loan applications, tax bills, financial statements, federal tax returns, and policies and procedures manuals
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and commercial lending procedures and documentation
- Ability to mathematically calculate ratios, percentages and basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculations
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and critical thinking ability
- Ability to generate custom reports from mainframe financial systems
What we are pleased to offer you:
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for major contribution to your team, with support from leaders
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks. If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.