Training Programs Manager
This position is responsible for assessment and development of quality, effective training solutions and tools for wholesale customer audiences. This manager has oversight of communications and strategies that lead to successful execution of this training resulting in improved productivity, enhanced customer service and higher sales in our stores and distribution centers. The training programs developed or administered by this position will be focused on: onboarding, orientation and training of entry level wholesale customer associates and those customer associates who want to upgrade skills and knowledge and take their capabilities to new heights through NAPA Autotech training, and; creating dynamic training solutions that are embraced by employees, associates and management because they are efficient and effective in knowledge/skills transfer and driving business results.
- Assesses and determines wholesale customer associate training needs by interviewing, conducting advisory input sessions, surveys and on-site visits with customers and NAPA leaders and associates.
- Develops, communicates, and drives execution of effective training solutions that support NAPA’s and wholesale customers’ key initiatives with the goal of creating value-add distinction for the NAPA brand, building relationships and improving results.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate internal and external subject matter experts in the assessment, development and review process to ensure training solutions support best practices and desired business results.
- Identifies and employs quality, effective and affordable training development, marketing and administrative resources to produce and maintain needed training solutions.
- Maintains existing training solutions using appropriate training technology.
- Communicates and works effectively with field and headquarters managers and wholesale customer leadership and associates to drive training solution support and full utilization.
- Utilizes effective technology for development, production, administration, marketing and delivery of training solutions and tools (software, Internet, webcasts, Learning Management System / portals, etc.).
- Conducts surveys and evaluations on effectiveness and receptivity of programs and adjust as required. Demonstrates effectiveness in all four levels of training evaluation.
- Establishes and tracks effectiveness metrics of training solutions and utilize data to adjust approach or promote solutions.
- Coordinates communication, marketing and administrative duties related to development, execution and marketing of training solutions.
- Establishes and reinforces responsibilities and accountabilities for field managers and others involved in establishing and supporting wholesale customer training.
- Establishes sales, expense, and profit plans, projections and results of training solutions and execute budget to meet expectations.
- Plans and orchestrates production of the monthly publication “Tech’s Edge” or other wholesale customer targeted training collateral utilizing appropriate resources.
- Performs other duties and activities as assigned. For example, involved with ASE, the Automotive Training Manager’s Council, Skills USA, MAP, etc., initiatives when appropriate.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in wholesale customer operations, training program development or delivery and project management
- Undergraduate degree in related fields
- Previous experience in large organization in a training/learning environment
- Automotive wholesale customer training experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and customer relations skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with MS Office software and ability to learn web and LMS / portal tools
- Work is performed in office environment
- Travel required less than 10% of time
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.