CDL Back-up Driver – Loader
NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an experienced Loader to join our rapidly growing team of Auto Parts professionals. As a Loader and an important part of the Distribution Center team, your primary focus is on loading parts with efficiency and precision.
Responsibilities of the Loader/Backup Driver include:
- Pack the right parts for delivery to the right customers with accuracy and speed
- Move shipping totes from conveyers and engage in proper packaging
- Move the right parts with precision piece count to the right place
- Map out the organization of loading customer orders from skids to trucks
- Have a keen sense for seeing, hearing and remembering part numbers and line codes
- Maneuver heavy equipment using hand trucks, motorized carts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Have the power to lift merchandise up to 60 lbs
- Take caution with all hazardous materials
- Jump into helping team members with clean-up of customer area and shipping department
- Agility to bend to floor-level shelves and reach to upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary
- Stamina to stand and walk for entire work shift
- Strength to lift 60 lbs of merchandise
- Logical organizational skills
- Motivated to train and learn
- Desire to go above and beyond the job description
- Valid CDL-B License and Clean Driving Record
- Can be a fulltime or just a Part-time job depending on your schedule and needs
- Hazmat Endorsement
- Minimum 18 Years of Age
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.