Store Stock Associate – MAIN
NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an enthusiastic detail oriented Store Stock Associate to join our rapidly growing team of Auto Parts professionals. This is the ideal position for a person who is detail oriented with a strong work ethic. As a Store Stock Associate, you will have a variety of duties that would help control and maintain the inventory in our warehouse.
- Unpacks incoming merchandise shipments from suppliers or returned by customers and takes part and places it on the shelf or appropriate location as indicated by the electronic scan-gun. Actions done in compliance with established procedures and quotas.
- Pulls all orders for standard customer stock orders, special orders, and the demands of the main counter and will-call accurately and as completely as possible, routing products as appropriate and meeting the prescribed picking quota set by management.
- Uses the electronic scan-gun, reviews out-bound customer orders for pulling accuracy, ensures safe packing of the orders for shipment to customers, and properly labels shipping trays/packages in accordance with D.O.T. standards.
- Creates detailed summary of each shipment by way of buck slips and/or freight bills, ensures proper end processing of customer orders including removing shipping trays from conveyor system, ensures proper packaging of products, and places large parts and shipping trays for each customer on their designated skid location.
- Plans, organizes, and loads trucks from skids to trucks for delivery to customer, accurately records piece count for customer on the buck slips, and keys freight bills into computer terminal.
- Cleans up and disposes boxes, packing material, and pallets, as well as general housekeeping of facility and specific product line areas. Follows and adheres to all safety rules including the handling of hazardous materials. Loads customer orders into delivery trucks in proper sequence and according to freight bills.
- At least 1 year previous experience stocking, loading, or pulling.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent experience, required.
- Must be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure proper identification of parts for placement in the facility, including identifying sequence of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Must have basic understanding and be capable of operating a computer terminal.
- And, perform associated duties as assigned by management.
- Must be capable of lifting and moving parts of up to 60 pounds and push/pull 300 pounds using hitch-and-go dolly.
- Must be able to move engine blocks and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, dollies, motorized carts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Must be able to repeatedly bend or stoop to ground level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (8 feet) with the use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Must be able to work on their feet (stand or walk) for their assigned work shifts.
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.