Import Business Development Manager
NAPA is hiring for an Import Business Development Manager! Come join our team and be a driving force behind increasing our product line’s sales and market share. This person is responsible for increasing NAPA store purchases of new inventory and upgrades while continually training and stocking stores and our System Selling Group’s (SSG) sales team.
An ideal candidate would have 3 to 5 years of experience in sales, preferably in the automotive parts world. We are looking for someone who has a strong drive, as well as self-motivation to make or break sales goals.
- Drives new store stock sales and upgrades sales.
- Trains- NAPA Stores and SSG Sales Teams.
- Provides guidance/inventory expertise on Altrom.
- Drives main counter and HQ initiatives.
- Leads inventory installations/reorganizations; models space requirements.
- Attends dealer shows/owners meetings and Team NAPA Meetings.
- Acts as liaison between Altrom, SSG Teams, and DC management.
- Performs dealer surveys and calls on import specialists.
- 3-5 years of previous selling experience; previous automotive parts experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent sales/marketing experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong personal drive and self-motivation to accomplish sales goals.
- Ability to solve problems through critical thinking and bring innovative solutions to problems and challenges.
- Work environments will vary, but will include at a minimum: office, stores, and distribution centers.
- Long periods of standing or sitting may be required during store and DC visits.
- Some lifting (up to 30lbs) could be required during store visits.
- Ability to travel via car, rail or air is required.
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time on demand or as necessary; expected travel is 1-4 days a week.
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.