Impact Store Construction Manager
NAPA is hiring an Impact Store Project Manager to join our Retail Implementation team! It is an exciting time to join our Retail Implementation Group as we are expanding our NAPA store footprint through remodels, building expansions, and new constructions.
Our Impact Store Project Manager will manage building expansions and new constructions by directing workflow of contractors and vendor teams to complete store projects one time. This position plays an important part to oversee and enforce NAPA safety program during set-up of impact store.
Since this position is responsible for our set up teams, we are looking for someone with 2 years of experience managing people. An ideal candidate would have 2 years of experience with project management. This role has a lot of interaction with our field teams, so this person must be willing to travel between 50% to 75% of the time.
- Coordinates services for remodels, building expansions, and new construction at the request of field management.
- Works with Store Planning to develop store plans in remodels of existing buildings that suitable and acceptable to Headquarters and Field Management.
- Coordinates with architects, contractors, landlords, city officials and sub-contractors to ensure new construction and remodels are permitted and built according to plans and specifications.
- Interfaces with project inspectors regarding construction related legal and civil obligations as well as construction code compliance.
- Assists in construction negotiations, coordination of plans and specifications with the general contractor and is ultimately responsible for establishing and maintaining favorable and effective working relationships with all vendors throughout the project duration.
- Responsible for the set-up/transfer of permanent utility accounts.
- Responsible for the installation of all store equipment such as store display fixtures, alarms, telephones, and computer systems.
- Responsible for the permitting and installation of the exterior signs.
- Reviews store plans with store planning department to verify placement of fixtures and that all business services such as commercial counters, hydraulic hoses, paint rooms, clutch grinders, brake lathes, and exhaust products are accounted for in the drawings.
- Oversees ordering process for store’s computer system. Coordinates system installation.
- Determines the dates the set-up merchandising teams will arrive. Collaborates with the store set-up coordinators by providing oversight and direction regarding fixtures, merchandising, in addition to data and telephone equipment. Coordinates the delivery of store supplies with outside vendors.
- Orders material handling equipment and waste removal for the set-up and merchandising weeks.
- Manages the delivery and installation dates with outside vendor and construction project manager for shelving and store fixtures.
- Works with distribution center management to determine the delivery of the sales area and stockroom merchandise.
- Manages safety for all on-site workers during the set-up phase. Ensures workers are properly trained on safe work habits such as lifting technics, ladder safety, and extension cord use.
- Proves timely updates through project management portal. Creates and distributes reports including end of job reports and “as-built” plans. Provides revised and updated planogram information to merchandizing team. Ensures final walk-through is completed.
- 2 years of project management experience.
- 2 years of experience managing people.
- Previous retail experience with store set-up, planograms, store fixtures, or construction projects preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Work, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Experience working with project management software preferred.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Working knowledge of safety requirements preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent individual and group communication skills.
- Strong collaborator with a team mindset.
- Sense of urgency with regard to deadlines and projects.
- Creative and able to manage time effectively.
- Reasonable analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with persuasive abilities.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Work performed in a retail store environment, may include construction.
- Travels between 50% – 75% of the time.
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.