Senior Integration/EDI Software Development Manager
The EDI & Integration Senior Manager provides technology leadership in the area of NAPA Supplier Integration Systems. The Senior Manager will oversee peer reviews of analysis, technical design, code, and unit test scripts. Additionally, he or she is responsible for Senior Managerial and administrative functions of one or more development teams.
This Senior Manager is expected to lead design and architecture discussions, and to actively participate in estimating, tasking, implementation efforts and status updates. This role will also be responsible for leading and mentoring FTE and non-FTE team members to help them develop personal and technical capabilities.
The EDI & Integration Senior Manager will also provide mentoring skills to other development teams. These mentoring skills will include assisting in the implementation of industry best software development practices around integrations and development metrics.
He/she is responsible for ensuring that the overall solution design meets business requirements, conforms to industry best practices, is cohesive across disciplines and is a cost effective solution. As a result, this role will work closely with key departmental management and project stakeholders across the organization. Therefore, the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization is a key priority in this role.
This position will have 5 – 10 direct reports.
- Design and guide the implementation of technology solutions for the enhancement and support of Supplier EDI Integration and Back office systems.
- Oversees NAPA FTE resources as well as consultants and 3rd party resources who develop/modify code in order to address support issues and implement required enhancements.
- Work with management to estimate the level of effort, resource needs, and project duration
- Work with project and business analyst leads to develop and clarify in-depth technical requirements
- Lead EDI design and architecture discussions in order to improve and optimize EDI and ultimate integration with Supplier systems.
- Establish and enforce coding standards that align with the APG IT approved SDLC policies, procedures and corporate compliance standards.
- Work with senior business and technical leadership in order to achieve technical soundness of the solutions and ensure alignment with APG Business Strategy.
- Evaluate tools and technologies in order to revise and implement best practice standards
- Establishes and tracks personnel performance metrics
- Provide supplier systems EDI and integration thought leadership during technology roadmap planning.
- Maintain accurate and timely reporting of status, risks, issues and contingencies as necessary to keep stakeholders aware of progress toward milestones and critical success factors.
- Collaborate with supplier and NAPA business and technical resources in order to develop process flowcharts and data flow diagrams that represent the flow of information driven by business operations.
- 10+ Years leading complex software and hardware implementation solutions
- 5+ years’ experience supervising (completing performance reviews) and managing work efforts of FTEs and contract software development resources.
- EDI software implementation and support expertise, preferably with multiple EDI platforms.
- Demonstrated success in leading FTE direct-reports and contract / consulting resources in the delivery of complex EDI and integration solutions.
- Successful track record of delivering externally and internally integrated EDI solutions across diverse technical platforms.
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages, preferably including iSeries, ERP Financial packages and legacy systems.
- Process, design and documentation expertise as it pertains to establishing best practices for teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex EDI and integration bugs / issues.
- Ability to engage with both business and technical resources in order to quickly identify requirements, create solution designs and implement code changes to enhance functionality of EDI software.
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, BA and QA teams.
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- BS or BA degree in a related field required, unless there is significant, relevant work experience.
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.