Retail Business Development Manager
NAPA Auto Parts is seeking a Retail Business Development Manager to drive our strategy for exceptional retail experience in our NAPA stores. We are looking for a Retailer who has already demonstrated a talent for delighting customers and is looking for the next step in a successful career.
As a Retail Business Development Manager, you will provide retail leadership to a territory of company owned retail stores, with a view to delivering superior customer experiences. You will be directly accountable for ensuring overall store standards are maintained to the highest possible level, including, basic housekeeping, planograms, price labels, our of stocks and exemplary customer service.
- Ensures there is a designated retail specialist in all retail impact stores and actively seeks talent to fill these positions, working with local HR teams to source candidates.
- Signs off all store level recruitment for retail specialists.
- Creates succession plans for assigned stores in conjunction with the Store and Area Manager. Develops retention plans for all retail positions.
- Facilitates new retail specialist team member onboarding.
- Ensures all stores strictly adhere to the retail store standard guidelines including actions such as all marketing programs implemented on day one of the promotion.
- Establishes adherence to daily, weekly and monthly retail processes helping to facilitate superior levels of customer service at all times.
- Coaches, mentors, and trains store teams in subject matter such as retail basics (e.g., basic housekeeping, ePlanogram compliance, shelf label accuracy, out of stock management, promotional programs, etc.), customer service and selling skills (e.g., customer greeting, engaging with customer, add-on sales and solution selling, securing future business, etc.), and in store merchandizing (e.g., bulk stack outs, end caps, side wings, clip strips, impulse zones, point of sale material and promotional pricing, front and facing the shelves, managing store’s inventory levels through min/max system, etc.)
- Provides clear and effective communication to all stake holders. Develops effective relationships with Store, Area, District and General Managers. Develops regular communication channel between retail specialists. Participates in regular teleconference calls with Retail management. Provides feedback on process opportunities to the retail team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree or equivalent sales experience or successful retail management experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate retail essentials such as store merchandizing, promotional displays, and price label accuracy.
- 4+ years experience in retail having achieved level of Store Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to lead retail teams and display strong influencing skills.
- Must possess passion for customer service.
- Demonstrates professionalism, good judgment and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to communicate, present, and persuade.
- Possesses problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and planning skills, practice time management, meet deadlines and display a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates initiative and take action when appropriate, continuously strive for self-improvement.
- Possesses good business acumen and ability to make decisions based on analytics available.
- Capable of operating point-of-sale system and cataloging.
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts and boxes of up to 60 pounds.
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.