Senior Software Product Manager
Responsible for product vision, planning, strategy, and marketing of NAPA’s end-to-end retail business applications. Manages product throughout the lifecycle, gathers and prioritizes customer requirements, defines product vision, and works closely with vendors and internal development staff to deliver winning solutions. Works with store operations, retailers, and support to exceed customer expectations. Ensures product efforts align with the strategic vision of company.
- Serves as a liaison between the business stakeholders and technology solution providers. Solicits feedback, facilitates communication, and clarifies direction of modifications needed.
- Evaluates new opportunities and develops long term vision and product strategy for product based on feedback trends and client comments.
- Responsible for product design and functionality including user acceptance, product modification, and maintenance of service levels.
- Works with business stakeholders and customer advisory boards on product strategy, roadmap, and priorities.
- Drives the marketing of solutions to customer community and business stakeholders.
- Remains an active participant throughout the solution delivery process to ensure that stakeholder needs are being met.
- Participates actively in and is a sponsor of beta and pilot programs.
- Works with customer-facing teams to monitor functionality issues and drive product quality improvements.
- Works with technical writing team to ensure product documentation is accurate and complete.
- Engages actively in the release management process to ensure critical product improvements are delivered timely.
- Serves as project sponsor with vendors and internal teams.
- Provides training and product support to customer-facing staff to increase knowledge of software products.
- Uses Jira and Clarity tools to track change requests for future product enhancements.
- Develops strong knowledge of competitor’s solutions.
- Develops strong knowledge of industry store technology solutions.
- 15 yrs of IT experience in roles of increasing responsibility with the most recent 5+ years dedicated to enterprise software product management.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, required (MBA preferred).
- Fortune 500 experience product management experience required.
- Background in software requirements and design strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain end-to-end knowledge of complex enterprise class software products and use that knowledge to field questions from diverse audiences including business executives, technical and store operations resources.
- Successful track record of leading cross-functional teams through empowerment of resources rather than delegation of duty.
- Process-based delivery of daily tasks and a track record of keeping meaningful metrics in order to track the health of products.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and address audiences of 100+ including business executives, store owners and store operations personnel.
- Ability to ‘think on your feet’, managing dynamic customer meetings, forums and discussions.
- Travel not required every month but could reach 20% travel as needed for relationship management.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with customers, stakeholders, and peers.
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and a consummate team player.
- Business development experience is desirable.
- Work is performed in typical office environment
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.