Human Resources Manager
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Human Resources Manager to join our growing auto parts team. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing Human Resources support for the NAPA Distribution Center and Company owned stores. If you seek a key leadership position with a stable company that offers opportunities to learn, train and grow your career, our Human Resources Manager position is the job for you!
The Human Resources Manager has responsibility for the employees and employment practices for the Distribution Center and company-owned stores.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Increase bench strength through recruiting, coaching and development of personnel.
- Provide leadership, and establish a work experience that enables NAPA to be the preferred employer in the community
- Partner with the General Manager, District Manager, Sales Manager and Operations Manager to ensure the short term and longer-term talent needed to successfully meet business priorities
- Conducts and directs new employee orientation process to ensure employee is able to quickly perform their job.
- Demands high standards in performance management, employee coaching, discipline documentation, and terminations.
- Executes, manages and administers company programs and training.
- Coordinates and leads Employee Involvement, Safety, and annual benefit meetings.
- Coaches managers on effective employee management, employee retention, and employee recognition and development techniques.
- Manages compliance with company, federal, state and local policies and regulations related to employment, compensation, safety, workers compensation and security for the DC and company owned stores.
- Coaches and develops managers to effectively manage employee relations, set appropriate expectations in behavior and performance, which protect the employee, and the physical and financial assets of the company.
- Manages the employee separation process and collects/analyzes data to enhance the employee experience.
- A four-year Human Resources or business related degree preferred, or 5 years of equivalent Human Resources experience.
- 3-5 years experience managing the Human Resources function for 300 – 500 employees preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR) a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Products
- 1-2 years payroll administration experience
- Able to use technology to provide information for making sound business decisions.
- Develops effective relationships with key people both inside and outside the operation business.
- PeopleSoft and Kronos experience preferred.
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.