Customer Service Representative
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Balkamp currently has a Full-Time Customer Service Representative position available. This position will require an individual who can provide exceptional customer service with timely and accurate information. This individual will also need to be able to solve a customer’s problem(s) and identify and analyze customer’s needs to ensure high customer satisfaction. This position must be able to perform in a fast-paced, high-production, high-volume atmosphere within a call center environment.
- Manage all aspects of Customer Service including inbound and outbound customer phone inquiries
- Work with and communicate with Balkamp suppliers in resolving customer concerns
- Work with Purchasing and Shipping Departments to expedite and track orders
- Must Independently solve problems and analyze needs
- Maintain accurate information and data in appropriate systems by tracking and capturing information and data.
- Receive, review and process inquiries in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with both existing and new customers
- Provide timely and accurate information, service and resolution
- Ability to operate in a team environment, cross functionally where employees constantly provide support to each other
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
- A high level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong reading and comprehensive skills
- Flexible and adaptive to change
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office along with use and knowledge of various search engines is needed
- Support NAPA Distribution Centers, NAPA DC Service Centers, NAPA Stores, Balkamp and all NAPA System Selling Groups.
- Understand and communicate Balkamp products, warranty, shipping and special program policies
- Must be able to access information from supplier catalogs and websites
- Ability to contact sales team, hub reps and customers to inform, educate, promote and sell Balkamp products and programs
- Must be willing to work until 7:00PM and possibly weekends and some Balkamp recognized holidays
- Automotive or Automotive Aftermarket background is helpful
- Must understand and recognize part numbers, including identifying sequence of numbers and letters accurately
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook etc.) along with a strong knowledge of various search engines/internet capabilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexible and adaptive to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with active listening
- Strong project management, process and conceptual skills
- Demonstrated success in problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and apply new information quickly while interpreting and offering appropriate solutions to customers
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously with a high level of accuracy
In late 1935, the NAPA member companies decided to form their own company to "re-package" parts manufactured by others. The new company would purchase from various manufacturers and redistribute to NAPA warehouses, thus developing NAPA’s own private purchasing company.
The NAPA Board of Directors formed the Balkamp Manufacturing Corporation on March 11, 1936 with an initial investment of less than $50,000. The company took its name from the names of two of its early managers, John Baldwin and his assistant, Bob Leerkamp.
Balkamp had humble beginnings. With only three employees, the company operated out of 1,000 square feet on the second floor of a small building on Capital Avenue in Indianapolis.
By the end of its first five years, the employee count grew to 18 and the operation grew to 8,000 square feet in size. Balkamp (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) has NAPA product Distribution Centers located in Plainfield, Indiana and Salt Lake City, Utah. These strategically placed operations serve all NAPA Distribution Centers, all 6000 auto part stores, and UAP Distibution Centers in Canada. Balkamp can ship to each NAPA DC in less than 48 hours from order receipt to delivery. In addition, Balkamp ships to 17 DC’s twice a week.
The success Balkamp has had since 1936 has come from a strong team effort between the employees and the suppliers. Working together, they are able to provide the best possible service to Balkamp customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.