Accounts Payable Operational Support Manager
NAPA-Balkamp is seeking an Operational Support Manager, at their headquarters location, to join their team! This is a highly responsible Operational Support Specialist position that reports to the Operational Support Manager. The Operational Support Manager will oversee and manage the Accounts Payable team and all aspects of the Accounts Payable function. Prospective employee MUST have PeopleSoft skills to be considered.
It is a mid-level position within the organization.
- Provide management of AP function and reporting requirements. Manage accounts payable team, review internal controls, and support organization initiatives to meet the business and operational goals.
- Be proactive to anticipate business changes that influence the AP processing and monthly close process. Make necessary adjustments and business process improvements.
- Communicate and problem solve with vendors and customers daily in efficient manner.
- Preparation of GL account analysis and reconciliations for month end closing requirements.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance and continuous process improvement
- Other special projects and financial analysis will be required, as requested to maintain SOX compliance guidelines.
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience. CPA and/or MBA is a plus
- Will have 3-5yrs work experience in accounts payable. Additional experience in month end closing procedures, and general ledger account reconciliation/analysis is a plus.
- Prior management experience is preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems, primarily PeopleSoft is required
- Detail-oriented, results driven, and equally adept at providing leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment, while remaining organized and accurate.
- Will have strong communication skills.
- Will be self-motivated to work independently and in a team.
- Must have strong proficiency in the Microsoft office suite including Excel.
In late 1935, the NAPA member companies decided to form their own company to "re-package" parts manufactured by others. The new company would purchase from various manufacturers and redistribute to NAPA warehouses, thus developing NAPA’s own private purchasing company.
The NAPA Board of Directors formed the Balkamp Manufacturing Corporation on March 11, 1936 with an initial investment of less than $50,000. The company took its name from the names of two of its early managers, John Baldwin and his assistant, Bob Leerkamp.
Balkamp had humble beginnings. With only three employees, the company operated out of 1,000 square feet on the second floor of a small building on Capital Avenue in Indianapolis.
By the end of its first five years, the employee count grew to 18 and the operation grew to 8,000 square feet in size. Balkamp (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) has NAPA product Distribution Centers located in Plainfield, Indiana and Salt Lake City, Utah. These strategically placed operations serve all NAPA Distribution Centers, all 6000 auto part stores, and UAP Distibution Centers in Canada. Balkamp can ship to each NAPA DC in less than 48 hours from order receipt to delivery. In addition, Balkamp ships to 17 DC’s twice a week.
The success Balkamp has had since 1936 has come from a strong team effort between the employees and the suppliers. Working together, they are able to provide the best possible service to Balkamp customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.