Marketing Services Manager
The Sales and Marketing Services Manager will work closely with the Sales Team, Category Management, Marketing Services Group and Leadership Team to implement sales and marketing support programs. Prospective employee should have the following skills and experience:
- Social media and computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Databases
- Outgoing personality that enjoys customer interactions and working in a group environment
- Experience in managing day-today relationships and an ability to proactively engage internal and external customers
- Creative problem solving skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Results driven attitude
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high energy level
- Organizational and time management skills are vital
- Must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times including: appearance, communication, ethics set forth in the Genuine Parts Company Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Coordinates communication on the NAPA Sales Team online website
- Develop e-learning modules with Category Managers
- Coordinate video modules with Category Managers
- Inside Coordinator of Events: NAPA Expo, IMS Suite, National Sales Meetings, NHRA Regional Meetings, Customer Visits, etc.
- Inside Coordinator of the Carlyle Race Sponsorships and events
- Implement social media for key brands
- Implement marketing campaigns by assembling and analyzing sales forecasts, preparing marketing strategies, planning and organizing presentations, and updating calendars
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading trade publications
- Accomplished organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Ownership of special projects from start to finish
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Business or Marketing, MBA a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years marketing or sales experience needed, Automotive Aftermarket preferred. NAPA experience a plus but not a requirement
- Strong writing, communication, presentation, negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion
- Must be able to work under specific, defined, and narrow time constraints
- Must be available to travel and work weekends and/or Holidays as needed
- Track record of creating effective cross-functional partnerships and working effectively through multiple levels of an organization
- Proficient in Microsoft products and other applications
In late 1935, the NAPA member companies decided to form their own company to "re-package" parts manufactured by others. The new company would purchase from various manufacturers and redistribute to NAPA warehouses, thus developing NAPA’s own private purchasing company.
The NAPA Board of Directors formed the Balkamp Manufacturing Corporation on March 11, 1936 with an initial investment of less than $50,000. The company took its name from the names of two of its early managers, John Baldwin and his assistant, Bob Leerkamp.
Balkamp had humble beginnings. With only three employees, the company operated out of 1,000 square feet on the second floor of a small building on Capital Avenue in Indianapolis.
By the end of its first five years, the employee count grew to 18 and the operation grew to 8,000 square feet in size. Balkamp (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) has NAPA product Distribution Centers located in Plainfield, Indiana and Salt Lake City, Utah. These strategically placed operations serve all NAPA Distribution Centers, all 6000 auto part stores, and UAP Distibution Centers in Canada. Balkamp can ship to each NAPA DC in less than 48 hours from order receipt to delivery. In addition, Balkamp ships to 17 DC’s twice a week.
The success Balkamp has had since 1936 has come from a strong team effort between the employees and the suppliers. Working together, they are able to provide the best possible service to Balkamp customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.