Setup Merchandiser, Massachusetts Area
NAPA is hiring for a Setup Merchandiser! Come work for us and assist our merchandising and store setup teams at each remodel, building expansion, and new construction.
Our Setup Merchandiser is critical to ensuring each detail of a store setup is met and carried out. Duties at each store setup include: completing store planograms correctly, completing each project within timelines and budgets, managing excess inventory returns, arranging store fixtures properly, and keeping store’s appearance up by keeping it clean and clutter free.
We are looking for a team player who is a quick learner, excellent communicator, and can thrive in a fast paced environment. Previous retail experience with store set-up, planograms, store fixtures, or construction projects is preferred.
- Oversees store setup changes according to work guide specifications on installations. Removes out-of-date branding items, such as signage, and replaces items with new format.
- Installs store fixtures including shelving, display cases, oil racks, parts counter, or any other movable fixtures in stores. Ensures all fixtures meet recommended guidelines based on type of store setups. Installs interior graphics to specification.
- Arranges all products in stores according to planogram specifications. Fills empty holes and display hooks in the sales area from inventory in back of store. Investigates inventory issues as they arise and communicate with store management on the issue and makes solution recommendations.
- Facilitates EIR, by returning inventory that is no longer in system, according to schedule and guidelines. Must identify EIR, package it for delivery to distribution center, and obtain appropriate approval.
- Maintains general cleanliness standards, both inside and outside of the store, ensuring fixtures are clean and in good repair, floor is clean and free of clutter, windows are clean and free of unnecessary stickers or signage and parking lot is free of rubbish.
- Creates and submits final report out to district and headquarters leaders which details what actions were taken and pictures of both before and after setup.
- Follows safety protocols and rules including proper use of tools and equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to perform the required duties of the job and other duties as assigned.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Experience managing people is preferred.
- Up to one year previous retail experience with store setup, planograms, store fixtures, store changeovers or construction projects preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to all stores within territory.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Working knowledge of safety requirements preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent individual and group communication skills.
- Strong collaborator with a team mindset.
- Sense of urgency with regard to deadlines and projects.
- Creative and able to manage time effectively.
- Reasonable analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with persuasive abilities.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Work performed in a retail store environment, may include construction.
- Ability to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts and boxes up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor level shelves and able to reach upper shelves with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Travels between 50% – 75% of the time in market.
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.