Stockroom Team Lead
NAPA Auto Parts Distribution Center in Laurel, MD is looking for a go-getter who works hard and wants to advance. We are growing-literally. Our distribution center is in the middle of a huge expansion to better serve our customers and growing business. As a Stockroom Lead, you will lead our classification team to efficiently stock parts and aslo assist the Shipping Manager Stockroom Manager in daily tasks needed to service our customers and manage employees. The hours for this position would be from 11am to 8pm, Monday through Friday.
- Backup receiving and stocking supervisor.
- Works with other DC management to ensure “best practices” are being implemented.
- Work to improve and maintain stockroom goals.
- Provides direct support to Stockroom Manager by providing positive leadership and maintaining morale at all times to ensure high performance levels.
- Trains and develops employees to ensure the stockroom functions at the highest level of efficiency, filling in any area as needed.
- Protects company assets making sure all equipment is used and maintained properly.
- Works with employee’s and possesses the drive to pitch in and exhibit to others a willingness to get the job done.
- Assist in zone revamps and upgrades.
- Resolves customer requests following up on them to give them the best service available.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations and making sure we have a safe environment for our employees.
- Lead daily work plan to accomplish all required tasks for the day.
- Train and mentor new team members on determined best practices for the operation.
- New freight stocked and reconciled in a timely manner.
- Assist classification returns department
- All RGN responsibilities & goals are maintained in a timely manner.
- Load & unload trucks. Ability to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items. Including hand truck, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts etc.
- Must be computer literate, knowing RADS and having some PC knowledge.
- Fork lift certified, or willing to be certified.
- Have a working knowledge & understanding of the entire stockroom.
- Demonstrates ability to work with people, know our product lines and number series for quick identification.
- Understand transferring and commitment process & procedures.
- Honest, dependable, not afraid of physical or mental labor.
- Must possess ambition, have a strong desire to lead and not be afraid of challenge or opportunities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced setting & have the capability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate with customers, supervisors and employees.
- Ability to work flexible hours sometimes including weekends & holidays as required by customer business needs.
- Possess personal drive, self-motivation and initiative to accomplish company goals.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Visually capable of recognizing a distinguishing letters and numbers & their sequencing.
- Possess a willingness to learn.
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively. Handwriting must be neat & legible.
- Possess analytical problem solving skills.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts & boxes up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to work on feet (stand & walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Ability to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor level shelves and able to reach upper shelves with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.