Store Coordinator – Store Setup – Milwaukee
Manages merchandising and setup services at each remodel, building expansion, and new construction. Directs workflow of setup personnel and teams to complete each store projects on time. Oversees overall safety program during setup of individual impact stores.
- Oversees and directs workflow of the store setup team to ensure store set up is completed on time, within budget, and correctly. Reports personnel problems to management as required.
- Verifies store plans with site conditions to ensure completed project will meet the specifications of the store planning department. Communicates discrepancies to retail team at headquarters. Works with management and vendors to create solutions.
- Coordinates all systems installations at each project to include shelving, interior graphics, TAMS, and promotions. Works with headquarters retail team to ensure all required material is received. Accepts all materials delivered from various vendors and installs.
- Sets all merchandise to current planogram book specifications including all sales area price labels.
- Ensures leased material handling equipment and waste removal for the set-up is removed upon completion of the project.
- Works with distribution center management to determine the delivery of the sales area. Coordinates with stockroom for merchandise, excess inventory returns (EIR), and class returns back to the distribution centers.
- Provides timely updates to impact store managers at headquarters. Ensures final walk-through is completed.
- Maintains general cleanliness standards, both inside and outside of the store, ensuring fixtures are clean and in good repair, floor is clean and free of clutter, windows are clean and free of unnecessary stickers or signage and parking lot is free of rubbish.
- Manages safety for all on-site workers during the setup phase. Ensures workers are properly trained on safe work habits such as lifting technics, ladder safety, and extension cord use.
- Demonstrates ability to perform the required duties of the job and other duties as assigned.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Experience managing people is preferred.
- Up to one year previous retail experience with store setup, planograms, store fixtures, store changeovers or construction projects preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to all stores within territory.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Working knowledge of safety requirements preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent individual and group communication skills.
- Strong collaborator with a team mindset.
- Sense of urgency with regard to deadlines and projects.
- Creative and able to manage time effectively.
- Reasonable analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with persuasive abilities.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Work performed in a retail store environment, may include construction.
- Ability to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts and boxes up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor level shelves and able to reach upper shelves with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Travels between 50% – 75% of the time in market.
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.