Loss Prevention Manager- Greater Chicago Area
We are seeking an experienced and hard-working Loss Prevention Manager to join our growing auto parts team. The Loss Prevention Manager is primarily focused on managing the loss prevention activities and programs for the Distribution Center and all Company Owned Stores in the District. In addition, the Loss Prevention Manager demonstrates true leadership with vision, collaboration, trust, respect and effectiveness while collaborating with Distribution Center and Retail Management. If you seek a leadership position with opportunities to learn, train and grow even further and you love cars, trucks, motorcycles and all things automobile, the Loss Prevention Manager position is the job for you!
- Monitor the progress of the business and loss prevention goals necessary to ensure effective execution and profit improvement. Initiates and resolves internal and external investigations, effectively resolves exceptions from weekly and monthly reporting and drives execution of company initiatives though auditing and training.
- Conduct and manage all internal investigations, external theft and other criminal occurrences within company owned district stores and distribution center. This includes incidents of employee theft, robbery, burglary, etc. Prepares a detailed report accordingly.
- Serve as a liaison with local law enforcement on behalf of the company.
- Perform risk management, safety and risk classification surveys at existing and proposed sites.
- Work as a business partner with Operations to ensure consistent Operational Compliance and Execution is achieved within district and distribution center.
- Work through store management to correct operational deficiencies through identification, training and reporting. Successfully develop district and distribution center partnerships and work with business partners to accomplish relevant business goals and objectives including loss reduction targets.
- 5 or more years of experience in automotive or other retail store
- Previous experience analyzing data and identifying fraudulent activity
- Proven ability to set and execute daily, weekly, and monthly agendas.
- Flexibility to operate in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able to understand the concept of inventory loss and shrinkage, and the financial implications of it.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers to include productive application of word processing (preferably Word), spreadsheet (preferably Excel), database (preferably Access).
- Must have a strong working knowledge of data mining/ad hock loss prevention exception software (XBR, Navistor, FraudWatch).
- High school diploma or G.E.D required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.