Field Recruiting Specialist
NAPA Auto Parts has an exciting opportunity available for the right individual who will be passionate about finding top talent to join our team and support our incredible brand. NAPA is one of the most recognized automotive aftermarket brands in the industry, and we need the right talent in place to fulfill our brand promise to our customers. We have tremendous career and job opportunities for students, graduates, retirees or any type of car enthusiast. This is a perfect opportunity for an individual with 5 years of recruiting or sourcing experience in retail or a like-sized company.
The Field Recruiting Specialist, based in Dallas, will partner with 6 Human Resource Managers in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska to understand job staffing needs and build and execute sourcing and recruitment strategies. This position will work in each employment market aggressively to both establish and maintain the company’s employment brand and build relationships to provide strong talent pipelines.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Engages in aggressive, creative, and productive sourcing activities to generate robust and diverse candidate slates and pipelines. Identifies sources of candidates, establishes relationships to ensure company is well-represented, and provides feedback when possible on quality of candidates.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with candidate supplier groups such as DOL, military, community and student organizations and various other avenues in order to help develop candidate pipelines and grow the NAPA employment brand.
- Partners with HQ Talent Acquisition team to manage social media strategy as a recruiting and branding tool. Creates content to upload to social media outlets based on company promotional announcements, events, and job openings/fairs to support local recruiting needs and efforts.
- Assists in direct sourcing for hard to fill positions when needed. Follows-up with HRM and hiring manager to ensure understanding of difficulty, utilizes established sourcing methods, vets potential candidates, and forwards qualified candidates to HRM and hiring manager.
- Serves as brand ambassador for company, supports building and development of employer branding, and strengthens talent acquisition strategies. Documents steps taken, reviews with markets to ensure fit with desired company image, consults with Marketing as needed to utilize company branding, and assesses effectiveness of campaigns (making changes where needed).
- Creates unique and creative means for our HRMs and management teams to continuously find local talent. Works with management to identify potential candidate sources, introduces new/not thought of ideas for sourcing, establishes procedure to utilize sources, and follows up to ensure candidates are found.
- Captures market and competitive intelligence from sourcing efforts and share with the broader HR organization. Adjusts branding, company interactions, and sources used based on feedback received.
- Serves as the expert in recruiting tools and processes and establishes ongoing lines of communication with local HR communities. Continuously works to bolster recruiting skills through attendance of seminars/training, participation in talent acquisition professional groups and thought exchanges, and developing internal training for HRM and management.
- Aligns efforts with HQ talent acquisition strategy and participates in the development of best practices for overall company talent acquisition
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in sourcing and recruiting, preferably in retail.
- Broad knowledge of recruiting strategies to include systems, job distribution strategies, tools and processes.
- Experience building and implementing sourcing strategies and techniques.
- Expertise with advanced Internet search methodologies and, recruiting technology.
- Deep expertise in the use of social media as a branding tool and candidate touchpoint.
- Passion for candidate experience; always seeking improvements in simplicity, intuitiveness, and effectiveness.
- Experience supporting cross functional recruiting requirements including both exempt and non-exempt roles including: retail, warehousing, sales and professional positions.
- Experience using an Applicant Tracking System.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment
- Must be able to travel 50%
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.