The Category Planner, Supply Chain will be function as an operations lead for a category buying team. They will be primarily responsible analysis of the category data and recommending actions to the Category Buying Manager. They will also manage the Replenishment Analysts within their assigned category. Candidate will be able to communicate effectively (both verbally and in written form), have strong decision-making capabilities, display leadership while fostering a team atmosphere and help resolve issues that arise in the course of business.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to solve issues and opportunities identified by buyers
- Function as program manager for the Category Buying Manager
- Create category buying plans that support service, profit and inventory objectives.
- Collaborate with category managers / product managers / sourcing managers / catalog
- Assess potential volume for new products based on category knowledge and past category performance
- Recommend category budgets
- Advise Category Buying Manager on escalated buying requests from the field
- Manage relationship with the Replenishment Analysts
- Identify and escalate problems with inventory turns and on time delivery
- Collaborate with Replenishment Analysts to understand vendor performance
- Plan and execute for Hub and Spoke
- Participate in Vendor meetings
- Serve as a key point of contact for a set of 5-6 DCs for replenishment questions; provide proactive analysis to identify issues before the field calls
- Track stocking effectiveness for new items
- Monitor and take action on items that are not selling
- BA in business or mathematics or equivalent work experience
- SC knowledge, especially understanding of Category Management leading practices
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels of leadership
- Negotiations and influencing skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers’ needs. GPC’s commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers’ success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way – continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.