Category Replenishment Analyst
The Category Replenishment Analyst, Supply Chain will perform all replenishment buying within a category for all DCs stocking the parts in that category. They will be primarily responsible for analysis of the category data and recommending actions to the Category Buying Planner or Manager. Candidate will be able to communicate effectively (both verbally and in written form), have strong decision-making capabilities, recognize /analyze trends and take appropriate action or make recommendations and help resolve issues that arise in the course of business.
- Collaborate with Category Planner and Product Management
- Validate and adjust plans as necessary to support category objectives (service, inventory, turns)
- Assess potential volume for new products based on category knowledge and past category performance
- Manage vendor performance reviews and participate in vendor meetings
- Collaborate with the future ORDCs for effective import /container buying
- Analyze profitability of opportunity buying requests from the field
- Follow up, tracking and closing of purchase orders
- Work with Category Planner and Supply Chain Analyst to resolve data discrepancies (e.g., lead time adjustments)
- Work with promotion project manager to ensure effective buying for promotions and suggest inventory-driven promotions
- BA in business or mathematics or equivalent work experience
- SC knowledge, especially understanding of Category Management leading practices
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with leadership at all levels
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers’ needs. GPC’s commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers’ success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way – continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.