Promotions Program Manager
The Promotions Program Manager, Supply Chain will be responsible for leading the Promotions team. They will be primarily responsible for collaboration with the Product, Marketing and Supply Chain teams to drive effective promotional activity. Candidate will be able to communicate effectively (both verbally and in written form), display leadership while fostering a team atmosphere and help resolve issues that arise in the course of business.
- Act as a liaison to the monthly promotions meeting
- Contribute inventory-driven promotions suggestions to monthly promotions meeting
- Communicate current inventory levels for proposed market-driven promotions
- Coordinate with Product, Marketing, and the Category teams to ensure that buying constraints (lead time, minimums, etc.) are considered as promotions are developed
- Flag projections for further review before implementation
- Work with the Product team to set clear objectives for each promotion (e.g., drive traffic, reduce inventory).
- Contribute historical promotion performance information to the Promo meeting.
- Bring market-driven promotion decisions back to the category buying teams, with actionable buying plans that support sales goals
- Coordinate the execution of promotions buying with the category buying teams
- Resolve or escalate promotion buying issues
- BA in business or mathematics or equivalent work experience
- SC knowledge, especially understanding of Category Management leading practices
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership
- Strong influencing skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers’ needs. GPC’s commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers’ success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way – continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.